The Vice President of Financial Reporting plans, coordinates, and provides overall leadership to the Company’s day-to-day financial accounting, financial reporting, and treasury operations, including integration of best practices. Directs and oversees all policies and procedures for finance and accounting function and running the day-to-day accounting operations and financial reporting. Responsible for implementing all GAAP accounting principles and ensuring that proper financial systems are in place. Completion of the month-end close process and reporting. Responsible for maintaining compliance with General Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP) processes and controls to ensure integrity of financial reporting. Manages accounting and reporting for both client contracts, including establishment of insurance reserves, and corporate accounting (A/P, accruals, etc.). Evaluates current procedures and identifies areas in need of improvement. Ensures that all regulatory or accounting principles are adhered to. Other duties as necessary.
Minimum Education Licensure and Professional Certification requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting
- CPA required
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of ten or more years of financial reporting experience, including both public and private practice.
- Experience with and knowledge of NetSuite financial and accounting reporting systems, strongly preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of Concur - expense management, travel, and invoice software, preferred not required
- Healthcare experience (Payor) preferred
- Direct the monthly closing process, including account reconciliations and analysis of related accounts
- Oversee the accounting and reporting for all elements of client contracts, including complex healthcare contracting and billing issues that in some cases involve establishment of insurance reserves requiring significant judgment and familiarity with large and complex data sets
- Researching, analyzing, and resolving questions from business managers relating to financial transactions for operating and capital expenditures
- Leading process improvements within areas of oversight, in partnership with other business functions. Develops and implements plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Establishes and monitors performance metrics to ensure that transactions are processed accurately and efficiently, and reporting meets stakeholder needs.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Hiring and development of staff and succession planning. Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff. Develops leaders through mentoring and coaching of direct reports.
- Building and managing a strong finance team is a must, including inspiring, leading, mentoring, measuring and appraising the finance team to ensure stellar capabilities at all levels as well as driving a culture of financial accuracy and accountability
- Manage the preparation and distribution of both internal and external financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
Our Company and What We Offer
Lucent Health Solutions is committed to pushing beyond the broken and antiquated insurance structures to empower our clients to take control of health benefits for their employees. With customized plans, data engineering, and superior care experiences, Lucent Health provides proactive healthcare solutions for organizations and their members.
Lucent Health Solutions offers a variety of perks and benefits including, but not limited to:
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Work/life balance with paid time off plus, paid holidays
- Ample opportunities for career growth
- Onsite fitness facility, casual dress code- wear your jeans to work
- Employee Assistance Program to support your well-being
- Life & Accidental Death Dismemberment and additional supplemental insurances
- 401k retirement plan with company match of up to 5% of employee contributions
- And so much more!
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Lucent Health Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.