The Staff Accountant/Internal Control Coordinator position is responsible for serving as a team leader in the finance department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization as well as leading internal control functions. This position is a dynamic growth and career opportunity to be mentored for future success. This is tremendous opportunity to learn and grow within a first-class organization!
Minimum Education Licensure and Professional Certification requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or Master’s degree preferred or attempting to pass the CPA exam
- Experience and knowledge of GAAP and IFRS.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with month end closing.
- Experience with system integrations.
- Assists in designing, executing and maintaining an internal control environment over financial reporting.
- Ensures risk assessment and control frameworks are in place and running effectively and efficiently.
- Plans, manages and documents accounting procedures for the Lucent Health accounting team which includes operational accounting and fiduciary accounting.
- Creates flowcharts and internal control narratives and documents which provide guidance and support for accounting procedures and roles.
- Provides internal control services and support and manages the integrity of the accounting systems.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail, organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and establish priorities in a changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to drive communication and lead meetings and projects as directed by the VP of Financial Reporting.
- Excellent communicator.
- Self-starter and great work ethic.
- Ability to drive change and process improvement in an outstanding manner.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software and Excel including v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Personal qualities of integrity and commitment to the mission of Lucent Health.
- To be a team player
- To be honest, ethical, hardworking and caring
- Responsible for key analysis for consolidated financial statements, complex journal entries and results compared to budget and historical data on a monthly basis.
- Assists VP of Financial Reporting with new acquisitions, streamlining accounting processes and driving process improvements.
- Assists with annual audits conducted by external auditors.
- Serves as additional support for a wide range of accounting duties.
- Manages and oversees the daily operations of certain accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions including reconciliations.
- Performs account reconciliations.
- Assists with other accounting/finance aspects of the organization.
Lucent Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.