Sales Support Analyst
This position will work in a team environment with other staff members to prepare statistical analysis reports, claims experience reports, value-added product information, and various other marketing materials for both renewing and prospective clients. This position also requires organization and interaction with insurance companies, internal and external clients, and sales channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and update new and current business proposals, quote requests, questionnaires, contracts, and agreements based on the needs of clients.
- Prepare quarterly reporting packages for current client reviews, as well as customize reports for clients.
- Spreadsheet and database work.
- Interface with Sales Support Manager, Sr. Underwriters and VP UW & SS, customers, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area on a regular basis to give or exchange information.
- Report to and assist Sales Support Manager with any administrative or departmental tasks as assigned.
- Assist with the production of proposals for value-added products and services as they are identified and assimilated into presentations for new and existing clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 (specifically Excel), SalesForce, and other business-related software systems.
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to work independently
- Successful candidates must be flexible, enjoy working with others, must take direction well, able to multi-task, prioritize, and enjoy being a problem solver.
- Strong Mathematical/Analytical skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- One to two years underwriting, analytical and/or spreadsheet experience in a professional corporate environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience in Adobe Pro and Salesforce is preferred but not required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory duties.
Measures of Performance: The Sales Support Analyst shall be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service– Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills– Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication– Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of the audience; Uses appropriate grammar and choice of words in oral speech; Organizes ideas clearly in oral speech; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication– Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork– Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Listens and responds constructively to other team members’ ideas; Offers support for others’ ideas and proposals; Is open with other team members about his/her concerns; Expresses disagreement constructively.
- Quality Management– Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics– Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment– Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quantity– Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality– Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability– Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or related and relevant experience and/or training processing medical health claims; or equivalent combination of four (4) years post-secondary education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Knowledge of basic office equipment should include: Internet and email, copy and fax machines, postage meter and telephone .
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Relevant healthcare insurance license, a plus.
Physical and Emotional Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The inability to cope with a stressful work environment does not constitute a protected disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Lucent Health Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment