The purpose of the Group Administration Coordinator is to maintain enrollment and eligibility records for our clients in a timely and accurate manner. The Group Administration Coordinator is responsible for administering COBRA, maintaining dependent eligibility, determination and documentation of Coordination of Benefits (including Medicare eligibility), Generating ID cards, On-Line Enrollment, maintaining eligibility and enrollment for Flexible Spending, Dependent Day Care, Transportation, and Health Reimbursement accounts. Prescription Benefit Managers updates/changes, updating rate information and communicating monthly invoices. Group Administration Coordinators are also the primary contact for our groups, members, brokers, Sales and Claims in answering questions and resolving issues regarding eligibility and invoicing.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Report to work during core business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) on a consistent and regular basis.
- Manage all facets of Group Administration for assigned clients
- Maintain group and member eligibility records efficiently and accurately
- Process COBRA paperwork/payments, Flexible Spending elections, Dependent eligibility, Coordination of Benefits verification, Certificates of Creditable coverage, Prescription Benefit Managers (RX) eligibility, On-line Enrollment requests, and ID card requests
- Update / Confirm Eligibility updates received via electronic eligibility files
- Create and Maintain Enrollment, Change, Termination, Flex, and other group forms
- Provide support to team members in achieving superior customer service and consistent turnaround times for all clients.
- Communicate monthly invoice information to groups
- Provide responsive and professional customer service for both internal and external customers. Must possess both oral and written communication skills
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Work with members of staff on identifying process improvements
- Flexibility to work additional hours as dictated by needs of the department and business
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Thorough understanding of Self-Funding Insurance and Third-Party Administrating concepts. Knowledge in Excel and Word. Ability to navigate through and utilize a variety of PC applications efficiently. Good phone etiquette. Ability to proofread and audit documentation and reports. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills required. Strong organizational skills, problem solving, and decision-making skills required. Self direction and self starter skills required. Must be able to work core business hours of 8:00 -5:00. 1-2 years previous Insurance experience in group eligibility and COBRA administration strongly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Lucent Health Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.