Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fulfills ongoing client service needs for Book of Business to be assigned.
- Coordinates expirations with Sales Executives to obtain renewal and/or new business information.
- Markets new and renewal business; works with internal constituents toprepare analyses of alternative benefits proposals; prepares marketing materials and client presentations. Maintains underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Understands products and determines the opportunity for new product integration.
- Processes renewal or new business enrollment paperwork. Follows-up during process with client and carriers.
- Schedules and performs Quarterly in-person meetings with the Brokers and Clients throughout the year.
- Work with brokers and consultants to analyze benefit plan experience, data and industry trends.
- Serves as a facilitator with regards to calls and/or correspondence from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, and/or administrative problems, with a goal of successful and efficient problem resolution.
- Participates in and/or leads annual Enrollment/Benefits meetings for client employees.
- Stays abreast of ongoing industry practices, trends and regulations through participation in departmental meetings and educational events as well as through continuous attention to industry briefs, updates and legislative news.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
Travel: This position may occasionally require up to 30% travel in support of Outside Sales Executives and client engagement. Travel may be in or outside the local area and could sometimes require overnight.
Required Education and Experience
- At least five years of sales experience at the Account Manager, or Account Executive level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years of sales experience in a healthcare insurance organization.
- Valid Producer License
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced training in industry related sales techniques.
- Life Agent License.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training in employee benefits administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three to five years’ experience in a professional role advising and/or servicing customers (insurance, accounting, banking, real estate, law, etc.)
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating manuals, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have expert level knowledge of Internet software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Knowledge of basic office equipment should include: Internet and email, copy and fax machines, postage meter and telephone.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Life Agent License or, Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) certification.
- Physical and Emotional Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The inability to cope with a stressful work environment does not constitute a protected disability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Occasional flexible hours may be allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work a minimum of 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement: Lucent Health Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.