Check Run Analyst Job Description
We are looking for a skilled healthcare Check Run Analyst (Payment Posting) for the set-up, maintenance, and completion of our clients check runs. The ideal person is responsible for the maintenance of the check registers, and the maintenance of the check run guidelines and schedules. The individual must be able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize in performing the responsibilities listed below.
- Daily servicing of client requests via email and telephone contacts. Successfully manage check-runs and post payments to fund the right client accounts
- Receive and interpret data; enter information into the benefits processing system
- Run daily and monthly reports for our clients, as needed
- Run daily flex and disability check runs
- Interface with clients, suppliers, and/or company employees in other departments on a regular basis to give or exchange information
- Additional duties as assigned
This position could be a good fit if you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience reconciling and, balancing financial accounts
- 3 years minimum general accounting experience in an administrative financial role
- 3 years minimum Mathematical skills and excellent experience working with numbers
- 3 years minimum proficiency in the use of computer databases and applications including the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Experience and understanding of Insurance carrier environment, preferred
- Experience and understanding of Insurance carrier healthcare claims, a plus
- Quick to learn new technologies (i.e., computer databases and business-related software systems)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language; prior experience using professional telephone etiquette is a must
- Good interpersonal skills and passion to interact with others; internally and externally
- Must be able to perform with a sense of urgency and can prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be flexible and dependable
- If you're on the team...you Must be a team player and, can work equally well independently or, collaboratively
- Must be Coachable, open to direction from others, and be a problem solver
- Insatiable appetite for attention to details, working with numbers, and organization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical and Emotional Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Lucent Health Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.